About Eric Wenger, President and Sheree Wenger, Vice President of Complete Lawn Care Team:
Eric Wenger, President, has “lived” in the world of lawn care and landscaping in Maryland and the DC metro area since 1980. His career includes work with a nationally-known lawn care firm, a regional lawn care company, a local golf course, an irrigation firm and his own business, Complete Lawn Care, Inc.
Eric is driven by a passion to fully apply and further the practice of environmentally-sensitive and responsible lawn and landscape care.
About Eric Wenger:
- In 1984, with his wife Sheree, Eric opened a local lawn care franchise, which they ran successfully until 2004. In 2004, they dissolved their affiliation with the franchise and renamed their company to Complete Lawn Care, Inc.
- In 1990, Eric became an IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Specialist for turf grass.
- In 1991, Complete Plant Health Care and Maintenance, Inc. was formed to meet the many requests from lawn care customers who were looking for a knowledgeable, reliable and environmentally-concerned landscape company.
- In 1992, he became an IPM Specialist for ornamental plants.
- In 1996, Eric became a Montgomery County Master Gardener, upon completing the course, passing the required test and completing 40 hours of volunteer service. He remains an active Montgomery County Master Gardener and continues to participate in Master Gardener activities and their speakers group. He often speaks on the topics of IPM, lawn care, plant care, deer, pruning and gardening and other lawn care topics.
- Since 1997, he’s been a member of The Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and is currently serving as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the D.C. Branch. The PGMS is a non-profit organization that focuses on education, certification and professionalism within the Green Industry. PGMS offers many programs, including scholarships for graduating high school seniors or college freshmen who are studying horticulture or a related field. To view and download a scholarship application, click here.
- Since 1998, Eric has served on the Town of Laytonsville’s Tree Committee and is the Chairman of the Town of Laytonsville Planning Commission.
- Eric is often a guest speaker for Professor Steve Dubik’s Montgomery College Landscape Technology Program and he has been an instructor for Montgomery College’s Continuing Education Program.
About Sheree Wenger:
Sheree has worked in lawn care since 1984, alongside Eric. Sheree works with Eric to make major decisions at Complete Lawn Care and performs the Accounts Payable, Account Receivable and Human Resources work. Additionally, she supports Jake Powell, the office manager by answering the phones during busy times, fielding questions and assisting with internal projects including annual renewal letters and marketing efforts.
Sheree partakes in and supports community activities through her roles as the Chairperson of the Historic District Commission, VP of the Laytonsville Historical Center, Inc., a member of the Laytonsville Picnic and Parade Committees and the Treasurer of Laytonsville Woman’s Club.
About Jake Powell, Office Manager:
Jake has worked with Complete Lawn Care since 2004 as the office manager. His voice is the one you’ll hear when you call our office; he has a deep understanding of our customer’s needs, the services we offer and he acts as a vital link between our customers and our company.
About Robert Shoemaker (Bob), On-site Mechanic and Facilities Supervisor:
Bob is a multi-talented individual who can fix, repair, rebuild and maintain almost any type of equipment. Bob is a capable welder and has built many of our equipment trailers; he is also a licensed pesticide applicator.
At Complete Lawn Care, we rely on Bob to keep all of our equipment in tip-top shape. Bob has been working with Complete Lawn Care since 1990.
About Gerardo Torres, Foreman:
Gerardo is a long-time and valued employee who has worked with Complete Lawn Care since 1998. Gerardo is a lawn care expert and is registered with the Maryland Department of Agriculture.